Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
LEARN THE ART OF FELTING
LEARN THE ART OF FELTING
In this full day workshop you will learn the art of both wet felting and dry needle felting.
During the morning session you will learn how to make a beautiful Jewellery shell for yourself or someone sweet :) This could also be a perfect way to gift something precious. This gorgeous shell will keep your precious items scratch free and minimise tarnishing, since wool acts as a natural climate control. You will learn about the ancient process of wet felting, transforming natural wool fibres into a felt fabric and manipulating it to a 3D object.
After lunch you will learn how to make from wool, a fuzzy bunny, a bear or a koala. This eco-friendly, sustainable and full-personality-friend, is perfect for a baby shower or keeping you company on your work desk. We will work with the dry needle felting technique and Zetta will teach you how to make a basic body, add ears and make a cute face that will have everyone smiling.
All materials and tools are supplied for the duration of the workshop. Extra felting kits can be purchased when booking and can also be purchased on the day.
Starter kit for dry felting contains: three felting needles, pair of protection finger gloves, wooden needle felting tool, three colours (white/cream, gray, dark brown/black) of naturally coloured wool*
* Please be advised that the colours of the wool might be different in the real life.
--Check the extra images in the listing to see what is included in the kit.--
Award-winning fiber artist Zetta Kanta is Melbourne based; she works with wool and silk to create impressionist style modern wallhangings and tapestries that resemble more a painting than a non-woven fabric. 'I enjoy working with raw, natural materials. It doesn't matter whether I make a large scale tapestry or small vessel or toy. Being able to make something with my hands with the skills that people have used for thousands of years is absolutely inspiring to me. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and seeing the joy in my students when they make something with their own hands.'
- Wet-felting: to handle raw wool and silk, attach silk to wool, manipulate 2D object in to a 3D object
- Dry-felting: To shape a base body, shape ear forms, adding a face
- At the end of the workshop students will be able to take home their very own handmade Jewellery shell from wool and silk (can store your own jewellery or use as a gift box for someone sweet) and a very cute felted eco toy.
- A handful of smiles and pinch of humour :)
- An apron or old clothes. This workshop involves water.
Suitable for beginners and above!
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.