Gift this class
Taught by Nichola Prested
In this workshop we will experiment with colours, textures and overlaying to create interesting and unique prints onto paper. You will learn how to make your own gellatine plates and how to use them.
The following materials and tools are supplied for use during the workshop:
- Gellatine plates
- Brayer rollers
- A variety of papers
- A selection of items to create textures
- Stencil paper which can be used again and again
- If you have attended our stamp carving workshop these can be used to add extra detail to your designs
DATES AVAILABLE: Thursday 21 September 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- How to make your own gelatine plate
- How to create interesting prints and textures using various materials such as stencils
- A detailed info sheet to take home
- Your finished printed papers which can be used to create cards and artwork that you can display on your wall!
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints
- Textured items for gelliplate printing such as leaves, feathers, textured fabrics, small flat objects etc
- Any specific papers that you would like to print on
Clothes you don't mind getting ink on or an apron
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.