Gift this class
SCREEN PRINTING FOR KIDS
Kids Screen Printing
Transfer your own design to fabric with the art of screen printing in this workshop. You will learn the basics of screen printing including effective set up, equipment needed to do this at home and the best way to translate your design to stencil.
No creative experience necessary.
What to bring
- Clothes you don't mind getting paint on, screen printing can be messy!
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints. Pre-cut stencils will be available too.
- Basic cotton fabric will be supplied and one tote bag per student. Feel free to bring along your own fabric, t-shirt, tea towels or tote bags. Light colours are best.
- A selection of ink colours will be available.
This workshop is for students aged 8+ only
- The basics of screen printing
- How to design your own artwork and turn it into a stencil
- How to screen print your design onto fabric
- An information sheet including all the info about the techniques taught
- Your printed designs
- Your very own printed tote bag
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints
- Clothes you don't mind getting paint on. We have some aprons in the studio
- Basic cotton fabric will be supplied and one tote bag per student, but feel free to bring along your own fabric, t-shirt, tea towels or tote bags. Light colours are best
Kids 10 years and over
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.