Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
INTRO TO BASKET MAKING
INTRO TO BASKET MAKING
Taught by Ruth Woods from Craft School Oz
Basket making is an ancient craft throughout the world and Ruth has loved exploring this craft for several years.
Ruth has drawn her inspiration from many sources and has learnt the skills from travelling and meeting women who have shared their knowledge. After visiting South East Asia, spending time on a floating village working with the water hyacinth plant, living in Arnhem Land and working with the Yolngu people for 18 months and being a member and active participant of the Basket Makers of Victoria she has bought together various styles and developed her own designs and methods and is now sharing her knowledge.
She works with plant fibres, recycled fabrics, wool and even paper.
In this 3 hour workshop you will learn
- The basics for basket coiling
- Three stitches
- How to start and shape a coiled basket.
Using beautiful coloured raffia and various yarn, string and thread you will create a little basket to take home!
Ruth encourages the participants of her workshops to experiment using many materials exploring shape and form.
Materials are supplied.
- How to construct different shapes using the coiling method
- How to Incorporate different materials both natural and man made
- The basics of basket weaving
- Your own mini basket
- Materials are supplied
Cancelling your spot in a class
- Bookings are final. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates.
- You may offer your spot to a friend, we will transfer the booking into their name but you must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead
Gift vouchers purchased for a particular class
Gift vouchers: (1) expire X months from the time of purchase (as specified when booking); (2) are not redeemable for cash; (3) are not transferable or assignable; (4) cannot be redeemed for other courses or events.
This Policy replaces all other previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.
© 2012-2017 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer aka the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills that they have spent years learning and perfecting we do ask that you do not copy their work and make a profit from it.
Of course you are welcome to make and gift an item that you have learned to make in our workshops but any copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and come up with your own original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their name and a link when sharing their work.